Sunday, August 9, 2009

Carola's Birthday Bash

We had a wonderful time last night celebrating Carol's birthday. Mac and Juan had twelve of us over to their incredible home and a good time was had by all. THE FOOD WAS THE BEST!! Ribs, cabbage, and beans. Superb... After lots of wine, Ken came out with a little magic trick that everyone had to figure out. (We like to amuse ourselves with silly games as we were at Ken and Carol's a month ago and played with six napkin rings for over an hour, each of us taking turns trying to stack them with a fork. The beach does weird things to people.)



We took photos of the festivities and the beautiful birthday girl. It's wonderful having good pals-



Here's my sweetie, Ed. Crusty, opinionated, and a raging conservative. If I were single, and he was 40 years younger...Hum...













Here we are... Luly, Carol, and me... las tres amigitas...partners in crime, soul sisters and all that other jazz.






I'm still feeling slightly buzzed as I had copious amounts of wine last night. Yuck... It's like my tongue is fat and dry.
I haven't posted lately as not much has been going on. Just work and more work...God, I love my weekends.
The weather is hot, but luckily, we have a nice breeze that blows through the terraza always. Also, we don't seem to have many mosquitoes. Last night at dusk, they came out in full force, and everyone was dousing themselves with OFF. Sometimes I forget the small stuff, and I realize I should be more grateful for all we have.


Here's one more shot of glamour-puss. I think she looks like a movie star.
All for now.
Later

1 comment: