Thursday, October 29, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me

So I turned 48 on the 21st. Sneaky Luly and Carol threw me a surprise party on Saturday the 17th. We had a great time. I, however, spent much of my time making vodka martinis for the crowd,13 of us in all. Luly made a most delicious pork roast with apples and Carol, Patty, and Juan also brought some yummy edibles. I walked in with my famous bacon-wrapped mushrooms and a new strategy for winning at Mexican train. Needless to say, I was quite surprised to see so many people at Luly's for the game.

My first tip-off should have been that Ed greeted me at the front door, looking very handsome in a nice button-down dress shirt. As I put it all together, the Saturday prior, us girls discussed dressing up for the next week's game. I like dressing up and wanted to show off a dress I bought from a catalog for next to nothing, so I thought...FUN. They're one up on me...only short-term.





Some photos of the festivities:

It was a humid night. Here are the three sweaty amigas. It's painfully obvious to me I should have worn some support for my girls.

Here's my birthday piñata. No candy, just balloons under her skirt. Bob would later mosey on under and pop a balloon. I'm hanging this Hagatha on the front gate for Halloween.

Hubby... under yet another woman's skirt.





The partiers. Lower right is Juan enjoying his second martini.


Thanks Luly and Carol. It was a wonderful evening.


Later.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see the social mavens are still hard at it! Nice to see Patty and Juan, too. I heard about this get-together from, perhaps Meg? See you on your return from Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I hope you had a Happy Birthday! I just discovered your blog from a link on my blog from your site, thank you! Do you mind if I add you to my blogroll and start following your blog?

    best,
    Heather in Playa del Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather, Have been reading your blog for at least a year as we have been down just over two. I´d be honored to be included in your blogroll. So happy that you're writing again.
    You give me happy laughs.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete