Monday, February 9, 2009

Green Beans

Well,


We're still in Cd. Colima awaiting news on our Internet connection for the beach house. It's been over five weeks now and costly not only dinero-wise, but I feel like a kid at the fair watching the roller coaster take off and anticipating sooooo much my turn on the ride. Well, this has proven to be the longest roller coaster wait ever, AND since our visit to the beach last Saturday, I'm yelping even more now for my turn.


We met some very nice people on Saturday. As we drove up to our "weekend home" as we call it, ( that takes the sting off a little), we came upon a couple perched at the front gate. After introductions, small talk, and a tour of the house, we were on a fast road to friendship with Ned and Sheila. They invited us back to their lovely home, nestled behind a rather formidable gate. The door opened up to a beautiful compound, with the main house on one side and a detached master suite on another. Everything was open for fresh air and best yet, they have a lovely pool in the middle. YUM, I thought. ( I so love pools, especially clean, clear pools like theirs.) Not too big, not too small... just right...


Well, they are social folks and had their door from the street open. Two more friends stopped in, and Bob and I were having the best time just doing that introductory 1st meeting

kinda talk with everyone. But it was never awkward and quite informative as well as enjoyable. (I mean, really fun.)


It was a real treat to be able to engage in a conversation where my husband can fully participate and be understood. And he was quite humorous. He always has been though. No one has ever made me laugh like Bob. And, I'm sure that no one finds him as funny as I do.


Well, that encounter just makes me wants our move all the more. Forget the roller coaster... The way I feel now... it's like when Bob and I did a 5-day shake fast, and we were able to incorporate a half cup of vegetables with our dinner-time shake (of nasty "goodness for your body and soul"), and we would absolutely just almost faint waiting for the veggies to heat. WHO WOULD EVER THINK THAT CANNED GREEN BEANS ARE SUCH A DELICACY?? Well, we did.


Having to do without our beach home full time is bad enough. Meeting nice people who can share ideas, tell funny stories, and make us laugh, are our green beans. We want MORE.


Hi to SC.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry we missed you when you were in town last weekend. Make a point to stop by and we'll do our best to make you laugh, too!

    ReplyDelete