Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dinner With Friends

Well, Bob said my last post was "Capital B for boring." I said, "It's my blog, and I'll write what I want to." I'm sure he'll find this one just as exciting.
So- we head on over to Ned and Shelagh's last Saturday. Roger and Marie rounded out our little gathering. I have a feeling that when an invite is for 6:30pm, that really means 6:30pm as the food was heating through and almost ready to serve when we arrived.
The dining table, dotted with votive candles, was set up outside by the pool under the gazebo. We feasted on cheese-stuffed poblano peppers, (big suckers), rice, pickled asparagus, julienned peppers and hot radishes, pork stew, and a green salad and olive flat bread, compliments of Marie. Fresh pineapple and a coconut liqueur for dessert. DEELISH.
Lots of interesting conversation. Of course, we touched on the universal taboo subjects of religion and politics. I'll honestly say that I was feeling slightly uncomfortable and didn't contribute much, although I do have strong opinions of my own.
Bob and I stayed a little longer after Roger and Marie left. We had a few more laughs and called it a night around 9:30pm.
Thanks Ned and Shelagh. You're good people, and we truly hope we will see you again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment