Wednesday, March 18, 2009

THEY GROW 'EM BIG



Well, last weekend was a holiday weekend which means the beach was packed. Good for the vendors, not so good for us who live here as more people means more trash all over the town. I wonder who's responsible for cleaning all this junk up?

ANYWAY---This shot was taken from our perch on the beach this past Sunday. Although there's no point of reference, I will tell you that this wave was at least 4-5 meters high, easy. The force of the water rushing the shore is so strong that it's almost impossible to get anywhere near these waves. These big boys are dangerous! We hang about halfway between the shore and the wave and catch the ripple effect. Decent rides yeah, our best ever, no.



Also, Sunday morning we went out for breakfast and stumbled upon the best breakfast I've had in a long time. We initially went to Morelos. They are busy normally and are very busy when it's a holiday. Fenix didn't have much in the way of business so we decided to mosey on over. We've eaten there a few times and it was above average, so why not. Well, the owner, Olivia, comes over to the table with an additional weekend menu of savory and sweet crepes. Bob ordered his old favorite, chilaquiles, ( now that's boring), and I ordered the crepe stuffed with chicken and mushrooms in a bechemel sauce. YUM, YUM, and YUM. ( I mean my crepe.) The crepe was very thin and delicate, plenty of chicken and mushrooms, and the bechemel sauce was slightly sweet and light. Fabulous--- All for $80 p, including a green salad. After breakfast, I gave my compliments to the Chef, who is French and speaks only French and Spanish. We'll be back again. Bob has his eyes on the ham and cheese crepe, and I'm leaning towards the shrimp one.

We'll be heading out for Puerto Vallarta on Saturday morning to meet up with Dad and Wanda for a few days. It'll be nice to get away from the office for a few days.

Also, Ratzo will be at the Vet as we have decided to get her spayed while we're gone. Our morning walks are a little dicey as she is quite popular around the malecon four-legged social scene.



More later. I need to head up to Cd. Colima this morning and try to collect our rather substantial rent deposit from our Colima house. It's overdue, and frankly, I'm tiring of jumping through hoops with the previous landlord and the Real Estate company. I'm "Si Senora" to death all the time. (It's all bullshit. They tell me what I want to hear, not what the real deal is. It would be much better if they just leveled with me and were honest. Yet--- this way of dealing is everywhere. The stink is on everything. Yeah, now I'm getting frustrated.)

Time to make some calls.

Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment