Sunday, May 24, 2009

Lazy Days of Summer

I haven't posted in a while as there's not much to tell. The days are getting hotter and the nights more humid. There's a thick mist that blankets the playa every morning and burns off as the sun rises. It's getting hot, Folks. I consider myself to be handling this quite well as I always have hated being sweaty. I average three cold showers a day. And, the cold water isn't cold anymore. I've been told this heat will get worse. Thankfully, the mosquitoes are not out yet. They appear with the first rains that I bet Bob will hit around June 3rd. Finally, he and Carlos went out and bought materials so we can screen the front and back gates. I'm still at a loss as to how we're going to screen the huge doorways out to the terraza.


As our esteemed landlord has not returned with the new bedroom air-conditioner he promised us over two weeks ago, I have been sleeping downstairs in the guest bedroom with Ratzo. It gets frigid down there, and that's how I best sleep. Bob sleeps in our sticky, humid bedroom with Luna, who we now call "Devil Dog". Bob says he's very comfortable at night sleeping in the sauna. I say, "OK, but my door's always open":)


Devil Dog is a force to be reckoned with. She has a major attitude, does what she wants,(even when she knows she's bad), and is absolutely tyrannical when it concerns her rawhide bone. Initially, anyone who'd get close to her bone would be assaulted with a barrage of snorts, snarls, and nasty ass growls. I saw a show once about Australian Tasmanian Devils. She sounds exactly like one of those crazy things. She settled down yesterday, finally, as Ratzo shows no interest in Luna's nasty dirty bone which she buries out in the sandy yard repeatedly and then immediately digs it up to move it to a different spot. I saw it on the bed earlier this morning! Yet, Luna's the best thing for Ratzo as they are good chums, always playing and chasing each other through the house and out and back in and around the furniture. Their little toes can't get a grip on the slippery tile and poor Luna bit it this morning and went full speed into the front wooden door. It didn't stop her though. She's also much faster than Ratzo. Yet Ratzo is smarter as she has realized she can nail her inside the house, laying in ambush behind the sofa.




Luly and I walk almost every morning with the dogs. We walk over a half mile in the sand and turn around at the house that Bob and I refer to as the "Hansel and Gretal Beach House". It's tough going and both Ratzo and I are dripping with sweat and full of sand. Luly doesn't seem to perspire much. (Huh, must be nice... ) This is the picture of H&G House. Isn't it fabulous??



Luly, Carol, and I had a Girls Day Out last Wednesday. We drove up to Cd. Colima for facials and shopping. What fun. And, I'm proud to say that I didn't dent our budget much. It was a long day though. We left at 9:45 am , and I pulled into the driveway at 5:45pm. It will become a monthly ritual, I suspect.
Today, we will go to the beach in front of the house early today with our chairs and umbrellas in tow and a couple of good books. We have to make some calls this afternoon, then we're off this evening to Luly and Ed's for a game of Mexican Train Dominoes. We played for the first time two Saturday's ago. They are patient teachers, and we had a super time.
Our little beach town is so quiet. I haven't spotted but a handful of weekend day-trippers. PERFECT, just how I like it...
Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment