Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother´s Day Outing

We went to Hotel Paraiso with my buddy Luly, Ken and Carol, Patty, and Dawn and Sharon. What a killer time we had!!! Lots of fun talk, more laughs than should be allowed by any group in the short time we were together.
After our Mother´s Day buffet, (which was plentiful and good, but nothing out of this world), we all ended up at Ken and Carol´s house, minus Patty. They have a lovely home with lots of outdoor space and a killer pool. I´m a huge sucker for pools.
Ken is hilarious as he reminds Bob and me of an another Manager from work, only Ken is a bit more mature. I was just smitten with Dawn who is just so special due to her love of animals, (and of course, like me, she won´t turn any stray away. We´re kindred spirits, in that sense.) Plus, she´s funny as all hell. She killed us with her quick wit. She´s an exceptional lady. I thought how nice to meet someone that you say to yourself, "Wow, how cool is she?" No wonder Sharon loves her so. Who couldn't?
Luly has some zingers as well. Luly is quite a lady, but will lay back, take all the conversation in... then watch out! Luly surprised me. She's really funny too. (We meet up together to walk our dogs at 8am every morning-well, almost every morning. I suppose that I talk so much and ask her so many questions, that I never realized how humorous she really is. What a truly yummy person she is.) She's a nice friend--- how nice for me. I love being around her.
So-- ANYWAY---came home to the girls...
Ratzo ate like a little pig, Luna not even a quarter hot dog. We could not do anything to make her eat. (Vet tomorrow). Yet---Luna follows Bob around everywhere like a stalker. She's always there, you just don´t know it. Anyway, Luna lived outside and does not have "house dog"manners. She pooped in the master bedroom last night. I got up to go to the bathroom, and thought I had stepped on a beetle. Not so--- it was a Luna turd. GREAT!! By the morning light, she had managed to pee by the sliding glass door as well. Her urine is very dark which leads me to believe that she doesn´t drink enough water, and her kidney´s aren´t working as well as they should, and if her tonight´s poops were evidence, she needs to be wormed. I found another slimy surprise in the bedroom. Nice... Oh well. She'll learn to do her business outside soon enough. (I hope). Bob's in charge of taking her to the vet tomorrow. She'll be like Ratzo was, as it took a few weeks to make a healthy and happy pup.
All for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment